My Photo
Name:
Location: Sewanee, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

hrm.

So, maybe I'm just expecting too much.

Maybe I work too fast.

Maybe I pick practicum time slots poorly.

But whatever the reason, I'm consistently finding myself here at the Reference area at my practicum with not much to do and too many people here to get to sit at the desk.

So I get on a computer in the reference area and try to peek over the cubby wall, to listen or watch for people who need help ... but let's face it, I look like every other student who's sitting at a computer doing homework or research. Nobody's going to approach me and ask for help as long as I'm tap-tap-tapping away at this or that while doing research, you know?

I'll be honest, I'm starting to get frustrated by how *little* there appears to be for me to do. Maybe I'm not asking for new stuff? Maybe they feel guilty giving me stuff because, not only am I *not* getting paid for these 120 hours, but I'm actually *paying* to work these 120 hours?

I really don't know.

One of the student assistants is leaving at 6:30 (it's currently 5:30), so I'll have 2 1/2 hours at the desk. And that's good. I've found I *really* like the desk time... it's fun, and I genuinely feel like I'm helping people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home