My Photo
Name:
Location: Sewanee, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

your chance to eavesdrop...

Since I have to keep track of when I'm here and what I'm doing anyway, it seemed a novel idea to create a Practicum Liz blog. I mean, why not? Plus, I can do this from the library and it even sorta relates. Blogs are an emerging-enough technology to almost be academic in terms of library school. Right?

Anyway, here I am at the reference desk at Blagg-Huey Library, serving my first evening shift as Practicum Liz. I've been here 15 minutes and have successfully helped at least two or three people without help, so that feels like an overwhelming success. I'm still amazed by how comfortable I feel at the reference desk even though I feel like I have no justifiable reason (other than a lifetime in the stacks of various random libraries) to be. I don't really *know* what I'm doing, I don't think, I just pick up new things quickly and have a general awareness of stuff. And, at least when it comes to things that aren't dates or times or exact quotes, I seem to have a steel trap for a memory when it comes to learning new information/skills. Who knows why.

My only regret tonight is that I have to miss the SOTU live. But, Daniel suggested he would set TiVo to record CNN for the 2 1/2 hours of SOTU coverage (including post-SOTU interviews by Wolf Blitzer), so if that's the case, I should be OK with watching it a day late. 'Cause Lord knows when I get home at 11:00 tonight, I ain't watching nothin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home